Blue Hour (Solar Calculator) is a tool for photographers, that calculates information about sunrise, sunset together with data of the blue hour, golden hour and twilight times (civil, nautical and astronomical). Furthermore you can calculate information about moonrise, moonset, moon phases and moon illumination (calculated data are approximations of +/- 1 day accuracy).
In this app you can view data for multiple locations. These can be defined manually or automatically by getting your GPS location. Additionally you have the opportunity to manually set timezones of the locations, which can be helpful if you are planning trips to locations with another timezone than the one, where you currently are in.
Core features at a glance
• Calculation of sunrise, sunset and solar noon
• Calculation of moonrise and moonset, moonphase and moon illumination
• Calculation of civil blue hour
• Calculation of twilight times (civil, nautical and astronomical)
• Calculation of golden hour
• Visualization of the azimuth-data of sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
• Visualization of the azimuth-data of sun and moon for specific time
• Reminder for events
• monthly forecast
• 5 days weather prediction
• definition of multiple locations, including current position (based on GPS)
Note: the calculated values are approximations. Additionally it depends on weather situation, how good or if any solar event is visible.